An entertaining and purpose-oriented youth and children convention and expo are being planned so that the next generation can link with their heritage through compassion and service and the parents can enjoy the main programs in the auditorium. Highlights of some of the activities are listed below.
Expo Theme: ஊரு நம்ம ஊரு – Our native place
• Children and youth (ages 5 to 18) are invited to participate. Can be individual or group (maximum 4 per team) participation
• Focus on your parents’ native village or district or your favorite place/scene/concept in TAMIL NADU
• Use any resources you like (posters, charts, art, self-made books, robots, models, 3D simulation, powerpoint etc.). Can be in English or Tami or both.
• To promote audience interaction, participant should prepare a set 4 quiz questions on their presentation for the audience to answer as they visit the expo. If they answer all questions correctly they will get a sticker and those with maximum stickers will get prizes!
• Prizes will be given participants in different age categories, based on the following criteria:
o Creativity on the topic and presentation
o Incorporating personal connection, historical, social, cultural, economic aspects of Tamil Nadu
(Just a few examples to kindle your creativity: Shopping in T-Nagar, Kanchipuram pattu sarees, Tanjore temple architecture, Valluvar kootam in Chennai, my native village, animals of Tamil Nadu, volunteering in Tamil Nadu)
Expo is free to all children and youth registering for the convention. To participate ONLY in the Expo, at least one parent must register for the convention and the child/youth can participate by completing the registration form and donating $40 to TNF.
Registration form for children and youth participants coming only for the Expo and not registering for the convention:
For more details: email@example.com or 1 (609) 858-3490
Excellent opportunity to speak in the main auditorium along with your peers to the general audience in Tamil in a debate format moderated by eminent speakers Mrs. Bharathi Bhaskar and Mr. Raja. Topic will be given on the day of the event.
All participants for this event must register for the convention at http://convention.tnfusa.org
To participate and for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 (609) 858-3490
10 am to 5 pm on May 26th and 27th
All participants must register for the convention.
Examples of topics that will be in the agenda:
To present and/or participate in the Youth Convention please contact Uma Sundar at email@example.com or (610) 322-4415